Thursday, May 28, 2009

Utter Contentment!

We have had several days of warm, sunny weather to soak up the Vitamin D. So wonderful!
What is this hen watching so contentedly?


Joy, who came over this afternoon to water the vegetable garden. Watering is such a relaxing 'chore'. These are the cucumbers.

The corn has really taken off. I do think it will be at least knee high by the 4th of July :-)

I have several beds of garlic. They are planted in the fall, so are tall by now, so they will be ready to harvest in August or September.

The cats, the dog and the chickens hang out by the garden when we are out in it. Yep, I feel as lazy and contented as this cat looks! Have I ever told you that I love sunshine?
There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling. ~Mirabel Osler

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, the garden is looking great! We've been enjoying this weather too!

Nancy said...

Yep, it feels delicious!