Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday Outing

Yesterday my DIL, Bethany, and I took the ducklings on a field trip to the backyard. It was a warm, sunny day perfect for exploration!
They had to forge their trails through the grass.


They wanted to crawl inside Bethany's skirt!

Aren't they cutie pies?

These Indian Runners are quite curious.

This is Allie. She is a Swedish Blue, and will be the mate of Sven!

We are trying to tame them to want to come to us.

Their favorite part of the field day was 'swimming' in a shallow tray. They had to take turns, but relished the water!

Allie got soaking wet!

There is one order of beauty which seems made to turn heads. It is a beauty like that of kittens, or very small downy ducks making gentle rippling noises with their soft bills, or babies just beginning to toddle. ~ T.S. Eliot







5 comments:

Beth said...

That was so much fun! And we got some pretty good pictures...considering the ducklings never stopped moving!

micaela jean said...

Oh! They are so cute!

tammh said...

oh my.... this takes me back in time.. I LOVE your photos... what a delightful experience you are having, and it leaves me wanting to see more and more! Keep them coming!!! I have gold finches in my back yard too! and another nest has just been built precariously balancing on the ribs of our patio umbrella...what a sight to see.

Anonymous said...

sooooooooooooooooo cute! Someday, I'll get some again:)

Unknown said...

I do not know which is cuter a kitten or a duckling. I had two muskovy sp? ducks and I must say they are absolutely petrified of the water. They hated swimming. By the way, regarding mushrooms in the wild, never be tempted to eat one, I had a patient who ate some in France and suffered permanent kidney failure and is on dialysis for life....