I have had 7 name suggestions so far. I will either make a decision or pull the names from a hat a week from now. I read that the leopard gecko is from the Pakistan, northern India and possibly the
Afghanistan area.

He/she finally came out a bit today. After the move to my house on Sunday, it was more timid. What mother wouldn't love that face, I ask?

The jaw can open wide like a snake, I suppose because it swallows its prey whole. See the bumpy skin? Those bumps are small tubercles on the surface of the skin. You can see the leopard spotting starting to come out. I think when it is an adult, those dark banding marks will be gone, and it will have leopard spots all over it.

It likes to hide in the fake plants within the terrarium.

PEEK-A-BOO
Precisely the least, the softest, lightest, a lizard's rustling, a breath, a flash, a moment - a little makes the way of the best happiness.~Friedrich Nietzsche
5 comments:
I'm glad to hear he came out! And I was thinking you could call him Leo (I think Scott told you?). I had a really cute student named Leo...
How about Gideon II?
My co-teacher thinks he/she looks like a Zeke! :) Though then it would have the same name as my parents new dog. :)SHe also thinks Edgar would work! :)
I still like Pebbles.
Add "Freckles" and Selah wants "princess lizard"...(but then maybe it's a boy? :-)to the basket :-)... but hey, what am I writing suggestions for an aniaml name for when I can't even name my own kid?? What do you think of Jaguarfor a nickname for Joel?...although Mole is kinda cute...in a weird way :-)
Post a Comment