Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Photo Fun

Sunday we went to a Fleece Farm with Scott and Bethany. A teacher they work with, owns and runs it. It is not too far from our house, up here in the back hill country. Scott asked to use my camera almost right away, so the first picture you see here is one he took.....

Isn't this such an awesome photo of a peacock?!?! What a great eye Scott has! For more photos of the fleece animals, check out Bethany L's blog site.

I have been eyeing the sidewalk chalk at the store's checkout stand for several weeks now. I keep thinking they would make some great pictures, though I don't have any interest in making drawings with them, but making pictures out of them! Here you see a simple photo of them, but if you notice my blog header, I tried out a show shutter speed with a bit of panning, too. This header was my favorite outcome.

Every day when the rain stops, I wander outside to see what has bloomed, and practice with my camera. This is (I believe), a flowering quince tree/bush. Way back when we lived in North Bend and were starting to build the house we live in now, we dug a bit of this up from a wet gulch, brought it out to the property here and planted it. It has become quite large over the years, and when it blooms, it is a spectacular mass of beautiful blossoms.
I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it. ~Author Unknown


1 comment:

Beth said...

Those are great pictures! The header is fun and creative...but I also love the simple picture of the chalk! And those blossoms are amazing!