Saturday, April 4, 2009
Christmas Gift Ribs
Who can even remember what gifts were exchanged on that insane Christmas day last December 25th? Personally, my mind was so benumbed with the oppression of the 'Great Snow', I don't think I was even aware of the gifts everyone received. Apparently though, my husband was given a gift certificate from Scott and his wife Bethany good for one dinner for the family at the new soon-to-be-opened Teddy's BBQ in Monroe. So it was a pleasant surprise to me when Scott called me Thursday night and asked if we were ready to cash in on that dinner out Friday. How fun! Though it took a good 3 months longer for the restaurant to open, it was well worth the wait, especially for me, being totally oblivious that I was waiting for anything :-)
I'd love to post one of the 2 photos I took of the actual BBQ'd food, but they both turned out so blurry that I fear you might think we were served vomit instead of the delicious tender meats we devoured. Finger lickin' goooooood! Not to mention the garlic mashed spuds, baked beans, potato salad and coleslaw.
We had choices of 4 or 5 different flavors and heat of sauces to slather the meats with. Did I mention we had 4 kinds of meat? Brisket, chicken, pork and pork ribs. Yum!
We gorged ourselves. We stuffed ourselves. We were pigs! But that didn't stop us from heading on over to Baskin Robbins for ice cream afterwards........... Disgusting, I know. But give us a break. We are so depressed from this perpetual winter weather. What an uplifting evening spent with family and food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That BBQ way Goo-oood!
I didn't mean to be a cave woman. That BBQ was good.
Post a Comment