Took a stroll in the sunshine around the yard today with my camera. Shot probably 100 close-up photos of insects in all poses. My favorite was of some small bug waving his
antennas high in the air from the top of a clump of Heather flowers.....King of the Flower
Realm.
WhooHoo! I hurried inside so I could view my treasured macro shots........ opened the camera card slot..... and NO CARD in the camera!!!! Getting older sucks. Spirit slightly deflated, I returned to the great out-of-doors and tried to recapture some of the shots, this time with a memory card in the camera. We all know you can never get the same caliber of shots when you are looking for a specific shot. Ah well. It is what it is. Life goes on.

This bumble bee was drawing nectar deep from the heather flowers. It is so nice to see the bees back out and about. Hopefully we will see a larger pollinating population this year.
I stumbled upon this moth hatching, and was able to snap shots in several different stages. Here it is after spreading the wings, drying out. Odd that it appears to be upside down! She didn't seem to know how to turn herself over in the branch of Heather. Silly baby!
We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics. ~ Bill Vaughn
1 comment:
Very pretty! And I love the quote about bugs and picniks! Ha!
Post a Comment