Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Satiated!

Yesterday I drove to a friend's home, and in her gourmet kitchen she first prepared an exquisite breakfast for us:
Golden bacon fried to crisp perfection.....

.....a tasty quiche made with a potato crust (have I ever mentioned just how much I love potato anything?).....

.....and an ambrosial salad that tasted fresh from the garden! Most delightful!
After much partaking of food and catch-up chatting (she just returned after a several month absence), we returned to the kitchen where she honored me by letting me help her cook up a batch of Boston Cream Cupcakes. A few of the ingredients:
organic sugar

Nielson-Massey Vanilla (the gourmet vanilla)

Milk, butter.....

The cream filling.....

The Snitcher!!!
Baking the cakes.....

.....to perfection!

Filling the cakes.....

Chocolate Ganache Glaze (no words can describe :-)

Final step.....drizzling.....

Incredible!

Beautiful!

Messily delicious!

Heavenly!
If no one sees you eat the chocolate, you didn't.
~Susan Branch



5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh how delicious! All of it! what I wouldn't give for a cupcake right now....

Nancy said...

those cupcakes look really good.....:o)
That's two posts in a week that you've had chocolate dribbles on your face! Lucky...or not....did you see that fat squirrel butt I had on my blog yesterday? :o)

Beanball said...

Ho ho, Mamapua! Or perhaps that isn't the best name for you anymore......something about it meaning 'love' and all! You are treading on a fine line here ;-)

Beth, YOU are welcome to come have one (don't bring Mamapua with you, tho!)

Anonymous said...

wow, yummy!

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me so hungry!