Friday, January 23, 2009

Nifty Gifty

This summer Amberlynne and Andrew gifted me with a labor-saving attachment for my Kitchen Aid: It makes applesauce!

Cook the apples, whole or cut in half, in a large roasting pan with a bit of water. I did a whole box of apples this time.

When soft, feed them through the fruit strainer attachment, seeds, stems, the whole enchilada!

One end dumps out the applesauce.....

.....the other end dumps the seeds, cores, stems and peels!

.....ending up with a bowl of perfectly strained applesauce!
The whole process took me an hour! Compare that to the several hours it would have taken the way I usually make it! I love it, Guys! Thanks!

4 comments:

micaela jean said...

Yum!! That looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I agree, yum! Maybe I will put that on my wishlist!

Nancy said...

That's sooo awesome...I need one of those for my kitchenAid....

The Claussens said...

I'm glad you like it!!! :)