That behind me now, I think I will go pack, take a nice hot bubble bath and finish the book I am reading that is overdue at the library (thinking I should turn it in tomorrow before I leave......). Next time I blog it should be from Bolivia! Adios mis amigas!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Pesto and Packing
I still haven't packed for my trip to Bolivia. It is 11:30 PM and I leave tomorrow. I spent the day cutting back bushes, deadheading others, watering, visiting with a friend, harvesting herbs, picking berries, making another batch of berry jam, baking a strawberry coffee cake, strawberry shortcake (trying to use up the freshly picked berries) and harvesting the basil and making Pesto. I use the recipe from Susan Branch's Heart of the Home Cookbook.
It is simple and fast............
I grew the basil in my green house with success, after two earlier tries this year outside in the garden. I made two batches from the Sweet Basil.......
and one batch from cinnamon basil. I am thinking it might be good used on something Indian.
You simply put all ingredients into the food processor.......
and presto! You have Pesto!!!
I freeze mine in old ice cube trays, pop them out and store them in a freezer bag for later use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is Darrell going to esat all the goodies you made? Lucky duck.
I pray you have safe trip and a wonderful time with your family.
Bon Voyage! :o)
I hope you are enjoying your adventure in Bolivia. This pesto looks good. I wonder what a pesto/cream cheese dip would taste like? It sounds good to me!
Post a Comment