I picked my first bowl of the season of strawberries last evening! I haven't had such
luscious strawberries in my garden since my California gardening days...........

There are hundreds of berries yet ripening, and because of all of the rain we had this spring, they look to be plump and juicy! YUM!!!

Time to make up some freezer jams and other scrumptious delights! I smell a strawberry rhubarb pie coming up soon..........

We simply sliced up some of the freshly picked berries last night and made a little sour cream and brown sugar sauce to add to them. They were plenty sweet and tasty with out the sauce, though..........

Fresh Strawberry Almond Coffee Cake beckoned us from our sleep this morning. One of my favorites :-)

To my ksbb, T:
There were never strawberries
like the ones we had
that sultry afternoon
sitting on the step of the open french window
facing each other your knees held in mine
the blue plates in our lap
the strawberries glistening
in the hot sunlight.
~ from "Strawberries" by Edwin Morgan
3 comments:
you always have way more berries than I ever do! They look so good....:o)
Thank you my forever friend... ks in this life and the next.
At first we see the tiny leaves
And no one at their coming grieves,
But watch so eager each day and hour
For the coming of the little flower.
Each day, then, to the strawberry bed
The feet of little ones do tread
And around the bed they gather soon,
Watching for the strawberry bloom.
The little blossoms so sweet and small
They watch until each petal falls;
How happy they feel, then; oh, how merry,
When they find the first strawberry.
Happier beings were never seen
As they gaze on the little berry green,
With happy hearts and faces strange,
Wondering when it's color will change.
After a few days shall have passed
Still resuming their daily task
To the strawberry bed again they tread
To see who can find a strawberry red.
And as they find them, how happy at heart,
As strawberries in their little mouths dart;
Romping about, full of frolic and glee,
With little mouths full as they can be.
Soon they leave the strawberry bed
After eating all the berries red,
Thanking God, and Heaven above,
For the little berries that they love.
Your strawberries look so good! Can I say that twice..your stawberries look so good! They are my favorite berry to eat! I think with camp coming so fast I will be missing my time frame to go and pick them and make some jam this year. I will be sorry for that this winter! I will still have raspberries and blackberries to make jam with, but will miss having strawberry! I also like to eat them with brown sugar and sour cream. My hubby thought that was very different as he had never heard of it before...I am glad to see others who like it that way!
Post a Comment