My daughter-in-law invited
Amberlynne and I to indulge in a pedicure with her this morning. So we obliged her ;-)

This was Chase's first visit to a nail salon, too. He was happy and relaxed to feel the vibrations from the massage chair through Bethany! Let me tell you! If the only thing I received was the wonderful massage I had from the chair, that would have been worth the price right there!
Never have I had such a wonderful kneading and punching of the muscles like this one from a chair!

First you immerse your cold feet into a deliciously warm water bath.

There they soak for a bit ..... perhaps just to soften the nails for the work they are about to do on them, but in my case, it also had to loosen up the copious amounts of dirt from all of the garden work I have put in recently. (Yes, I
did clean them before I went, but it was embedded :-p).

After the soak, she went to work cutting the nails and quite literally
digging the dirt out from underneath them. I can only imagine what might have been rolling around in her thoughts about me.

Next came the
paraffin bath ....... wow! What a treat that was, especially on my arthritic feet! Man oh man.

And have I told you yet how wonderful the chair massage was that we were experiencing this whole time? Thought I'd died and gone to heaven......... I hope there will be chair
massages in heaven.........

With funny spacer things between our toes, they now started in with the polishing.
Amberlynne inspecting the painting progress...........

The real art work comes to play with special flowers they design on the big toes.........

Here was mine
before I messed it all up by putting my flip flops on and walking around to take pictures of the others' big toe artwork.

Man, I thought I
committed a murder or something......... my technician (who spoke little if any English) saw me, jumped up from her work on another woman and was hysterically pulling at me to come back to my chair and repeating over and over, "No, no! No, no!" All three of our mouths were agape with startled looks of
what the heck? (This beautiful toe belongs to Bethany, by the way. She is the bold one around here :-) Isn't it so pretty?)

This belongs to
Amberlynne. Cute little petite toe, no? Anyway, turns out I was
not supposed to get off my chair yet, as the paint was not quite dry. Wish they'd learn some basic
English phrases that pertain to their service......... so I had smeared my flowers. Well, I can see that she did
not want her artistic abilities represented on my feet looking like
that! So she rubbed it all off and started again ......... boy did I ever feel like the country bumpkin that I am .......... Amberlynne was struggling not to laugh out loud at the whole ordeal.

Anyhow, in the end we all had clean, soft feet with pretty toenails :-) They gave us these lovely funky flip flops to wear until our nails had completely set. I of course, already had my others on from my Big Mistake, so I missed out on that little extra. Did I say how much I
really loved my massage yet? Well, I did.
Happiness is a pedicure ~ BethanyHappiness is a happy baby while getting a pedicure. ~ Amberlynne
Happiness is a massage while getting a pedicure. ~ Me
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! Fun post!
"Happiness is a pedicure often, with friends!" ~ Nancy
Are you getting ready for your trip? I forget when you are leaving?
I leave July 25. I am slowly acquiring the things I need for the trip....... correct paper work so I can get a VISA in Bolivia, malaria meds, chocolate for Kari, spanish books for the school, stuffage I need for the new camera (carrying case, batteries), Scopolamine patches for the flights and backseat traveling and things like that. Too much to get done outsiede before I think about packing or anything :-O Ryan asked when Camp H was...I told him the last week of August. Is that still ok?
Oh, I wish I would have been with you! It has been too long since we have gotten together and too long since I had a pedicure...please, don't let Bethany hold that baby too often...we don't want any ideas yet!
-Diane
Post a Comment