Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Must Read


This is the first novel of Kathryn Stockett, and already being made into a movie to be out in mid August!  I am only half way through, but know this a a book I can highly recommend!  Karen M., you will love it!  Based on history, this fiction takes place in the 1960's highly racial South, basically told from the perspective of 'the Help'.  In other words, the black maids working for and raising the children of the white snobs for less than minimum wage, while their own families have to raise themselves.  Excellent reading!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just put a hold on it...hope I will love it too, even though I am not Karen M :-)

Anonymous said...

It was an interesting read! Is there a sequel out?

tammh said...

I'm #4 on the wait list at my library for this one... lookin forward to it! btw, I love the cover too.... little birdies....