Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soup and Sickness

We haven't killed any of our chickens recently, so I didn't make Chicken Soup for my husband and I. We are sick. Sore throats. Tonsils solid with pus. Fevers 102 degrees. Aches. Feel awful. Shoot us now. My husband stayed home from work, and I backed out of a hike to Tonga Ridge today. I harvested my cauliflower yesterday. Took me a long time ....... too short of breath. Didn't know I was sick at that point, so made myself keep working. Soup and feeling sick seem to be the protocol, so I made Cream of Cauliflower Soup for us: I only planted white cauliflower this year...........

.....but somehow I found purple cauliflower peeking at me through some of the leaves!
So I took another head that was an obvious cross of the two for our comfort soup..........
Added some multiplier onions that I grew, instead of leeks..........

Blended it up in the osterizer...........
And snipped a few chives on the top.
We ate it out of our Pooh Bear bowls that my husband picked up at a rummage sale this year. Maybe I should show you those sometime. They are cute. Pooh has always been one of my favorite characters since high school. I guess you could say these dishes bring me emotional comfort. Hopefully we will start feeling more physical comfort soon..........




3 comments:

Nancy said...

Darn...I've been under the weather myself...a stinking head cold.....try some of the tea I posted....it really does help...some.:O(

Beanball said...

Thanks...... I will.

Beth said...

We're both getting over colds here at our house too! For a while it was really funny to listen to us talk to each other because we both had the most nasaly voices! Feel better soon!