It actually gives it a nice mellow flavor! After it all cooks down, into the jars and canning pot it goes.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Apples
Fall is apple time. Delicious, crisp apples! We eat apples. We make pies to eat and pies to freeze with fall apples. And we make our year's supply of applesauce.........
Last Friday while she was home, Bethany J helped us sauce the apples. It was so nice to have an extra pair of hands to help with it!
Darrell peeled and cored them. Bethany cleaned out the remaining core and seeds and cut them in halves.........
I cut them into smaller pieces........
Ready and awaiting the cook pot.........
Cooking down..........
The secret ingredient of this year's batch is.............. ta da!
We put up 30 pints this year. It always gives me a feeling of contentment to stock our pantry with the shiny jars of newly canned foods :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love homemade apple sauce and I love cardamon....I have been using it a little more lately.
Post a Comment