Monday, September 1, 2008

Potato Salad

At the last BBQ we had in The Pit just a few days ago, our son Ryan informed us that although he was hesitant to bring it to our attention, we had not yet made any potato salad yet this summer. A perfect solution to this was, of course, another BBQ to provide us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Since Ryan was going on a short backpacking trip this weekend with some buddies, Darrell quickly suggested that he would crank out a BBQ for them all today after they returned from the lake they hiked to. The hungry hikers were expected sometime after 4 PM, which gave Darrell plenty of time to fulfill his responsibilities to take his shift parking cars at the fair until 1 PM, then come home to start the cooking. Nice plan, hon. However, due to more lovely rain, the hikers returned this morning instead, and hoped to eat earlier. I was just starting to make pies when the call came at 9 AM, that they wanted to come at 10 AM. Holy Guacamole! Though I don't usually manage to whip out multiple dishes in short time periods, I surprised myself and put the blueberry-nectarine pies together, made the baked beans, the potato salad, a fruit salad and got the ribs in homemade sauce and precooked them for the BBQ. All by 11 AM! Darrell has no problems performing such feats. But he wasn't here. Turned out okay if I say so myself :-)







I ended my meal with the perfect golden brown roasted marshmallow! Nice end to a nice time with our kids and some of their friends..............
I suddenly got a craving for roasted marshmallows... It must be summer!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You make the best potato salad....:o) Wish I had some right now!