Although I do not care for pickles of any sort, my family loves the dill pickles I have canned over the years. Called
Quick Dill Pickles, they
truly are quick and easy to make. I grew pickling cucumbers this year, as well as a hefty batch of dill. Ryan offered to help put them up this time. His ulterior motive was, of course, to be able to claim ownership to more jars of the sour, crunchy pickles than he usually gets. I said,
great! We
used
The Pit as our working area this year. Lots of space and cool air! What a treat!





"On a hot day in Virginia, I know nothing more comforting than a fine spiced pickle, brought up trout-like from the sparkling depths of the aromatic jar below the stairs of Aunt Sally's cellar." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Dill: Use it to cure hiccups or colic, fight aphids or hexes. Create love potions or delicious cuisine. And don’t forget it gets rid of flatulence!~ Stephanie Foster
3 comments:
I love dill pickles...my mom used to make them.....:o)
My mouth is watering just reading this! I must say that Harmon pickles have almost ruined my taste for any other kind...
Oh boy! Can't wait to try the vintage '08 pickles....
Post a Comment