Monday, October 12, 2009

Rolly Polly Joelly

Final summer project: conversion to a pellet stove/re-do bricks to river rock. Completed!

Due to Darrell's knee (3rd replacement of the same knee this past March, with bone grafting included this time), his orthopedist thought it mandatory that he no longer cut and split wood. Thus, the conversion to a pellet stove. Ryan is taking our wood stove, along with any remaining wood we have ready to go :-)


We raised the base up to create more seating area. It is a popular spot ;-) Actually, my niece and her family were here with us this weekend, so I wanted a family picture. It was great to see them with their four cute and fun kids!


Joel is their most recent addition, and at 5 months he weighs in close to 20 pounds! Chunker. The kids call him Rolly Joelly :-) He smiles with his entire body, and is a very content 'little' fella!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new river-rock fireplace...that is my favorite mantle / surround material! I think you will enjoy not having the wood mess...and it looks very inviting still.

The Claussens said...

AMAZING. I told Andrew to look at the picture and he said "wow, they are so creative". I pointed out that you also have motivation! :P

I miss the smell of wood burning!

Molly said...

Wow Aunt Shirley! Your new fireplace looks great! I bet it will be nice to not worry about wood anymore either!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got that stove area finished... not sure WHY it took sooo long haha ;-) That pumnkin treat looks good. Gabe is patiently waiting for me to use the pumkins in something...I have used a few zuks already...corn stuffed zuccini and "zuccini special" via crockpot..very very yummy! THanks!