Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Autumn Daze

Colorful vine maple leaves fell in swirling clusters in the storm that visited us this past weekend.


We were doing a bit of yard clean-up, were thoroughly soaked in the pounding rain, yet found it somewhat exhilarating to be out amongst the beauty!


Our Burning Bush, taken 2 weeks ago.

Fall asters grow up by the mower shed.

This bowl is sporting 12 cups of huge, luscious raspberries that I picked on Monday. I find it so odd to be picking the bulk of my raspberries in the fall! Every 2-3 days I go out in the wet and harvest a big bowlful of the red buggers, and it will continue until the first hard frost hits, whenever that may be. One year it wasn't until mid December! Who has some delicious raspberry recipes for me?



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Raspberries! Yum! Yes, it seems a bit strange to harvest berries mid October!