Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Elite Eight and the Moms

Last night the moms of the Elite Eight met for dinner and catch-up time in Fall City. We try to meet several times a year these days, though it doesn't always work out.


Mary and Kris


Karen and Shirley

The first group picture of the 8 boys
circa 1984

Let me explain a bit of history. Way back in 1981, we all met at a little country church in Preston. Our firstborns ranged in ages from 1-2 years old. All boys. Later, our second born babes ranged within a year or so of each other, too. All boys. From there we branched out a bit, and though there are also friendships amongst the others, there seems to be nothing that can rival nor pull apart the bond of these 8 boys. Solid. Inseparable. To this day.



The Elite Eight 2007

Across time and space, they still managed to get together at frequent intervals. It amazes me, especially among the male gender. They hold all of the larger family units together with this friendship. We now live some distance away from each other, yet still manage to get together now and then over the years. Would this still happen without this unique base of the Elite Eight? Maybe. But I doubt it. Pretty awesome, Guys! We probably owe it all to you. Thanks!
I know I used this quote on my last blog, but it sums up so nicely the thinking today. So forgive the repetition, but I must !
I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new. ~Will Carleton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome bunch of boys...how cool to still get together. Neat pictures to keep it in perspective!