Saturday, November 15, 2008

Vocabulary Expansion

Do you have pogonophobia ? If you do, this is probably a very stressful time of year for you. There are those among us who dread the family get-togethers that the holidays bring. That is hard for me to imagine. I look forward in eager anticipation of the hustle and bustle of a Thanksgiving filled with family and/or friends. It is what keeps me going through the dreary Northwest winters. However, that is not true for everyone. I know. I hear stories. Horror stories. But perhaps the real problem they suffer from is pogonophobia. See if you can pick out the correct definition of this interesting word:


a) fear of pogo sticks

b) fear of jumping in bright lights

c) fear of relatives

d) fear of holiday music


If you think you suffer from this, quick! Make an appointment this week with a psychiatrist to work through this before the big TURKEY DAY arrives! As for me, I can't wait for the guests to start arriving :-) This year will bring my family and the Stanley, Kerrigan and Meiers Families, as well as my father. And hopefully a friend or two of someone that doesn't have a place to go to.

Last year's gathering:
Harmon, DuFault & Stucky Families & Jessica


I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new. ~Will Carleton

answer: c) fear of relatives

3 comments:

Beth said...

A relaxing weekend with family and friends sounds so nice. Not to mention the famous Harmon food spread...

Molly said...

I'm sad I won't be able to come up with everyone! I'm sure I'll be missing out on a lot of good fun and yummy food!

Beanball said...

and we are likewise sad that you won't be here, but know it is importantto spend time with Eric's family, too :-)