Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Soltice

It is hard to believe, but before spring really came, summer soltice is already here and the days will now start getting shorter already :-( For now though, I will do my best to put that thought aside and enjoy the long 'summer' days where the first dawn of light is noticible at 4:15 AM and the last ounce of light disappears just about 10:00 PM. The actual times depends on the thickness of the cloud cover (if any, but most usual!). My miniature Lilac opened into full bloom this week, and smells absolutely delicious!
The wild roses that grow rampant in my vegetable garden (go figure), also are at max bloom and have a lovely faint rose scent that permeates the early morning and evening breezes.

I am weary of swords & courts & kings. Let us go into the garden. Mary Johnston

2 comments:

afollyquip said...

What an enchanting piece of the world you have up there! When do I get to come see it? ;) It has been wonderful knowing and working with you Shirley! I will miss you! Looks like you are sure to have a blissful summer.

amy

Beanball said...

Amer! You are welcome ANYTIME!!! Pack up the little munchkin and come out for a summer picnic in July :-)