My fondest memories that my father help create for his family were our summer vacation camping trips. Here we are next to our 'trusty' blue Ford station wagon. It sure took us plenty of cool places, but we spent hours on the side of the road going over mountain passes because of broken fan belts. Bonding times, I believe they are called ;-)
And here are the three of us kids floating on our air mattresses at Blue Lake, I believe. We took 3 week long vacations every summer all over the Western U.S. and Canada. They were wonderful times. Thanks, Dad!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Father's Day
Happy Fathers Day to two important fathers in my life. First to my own father, without whom of course, my existence would be impossible.
This is a picture from his younger years. I see my son, Scott, in him.......tall, lanky and self assured.............
He fought in WWII in the U.S. Army in South Pacific. He was a radar operator, searching for incoming enemy planes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute! Shirley, what a cute little girl you were! :o) And I love the station wagon...it's sooo retro!
What an awesome father's day gift..that new kitchen of yours. You've some great kids.
Us Ross' are used to those kind of family "bonding" times! If it will break we be it's owner....cars come to our home to retire! The kids did a great job on the outdoor "kitchen" serving area they built! It is lovely.
I didn't know hubby cooks...learned something new!
bye...kim
Post a Comment