Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Friends, Tea and Roses


"A single rose can be my garden.......a single friend, my world." Leo F. Buscaglia



This morning I sat on the lawn of a good friend, sipping tea and marveling at her roses........... I haven't visited with her for several months. Way too long to let slip by. We toured her cheery gardens, basked in the sunlight, ate the most scrumptious warm-from-the-oven blackberry cobbler and caught up on each others' lives.





My camera was at home. Shoot. No pictures to share with you of the little piece of heaven she has single-handedly created in her yard. Here are a few photos I took after I got home, trying to recreate a taste of our morning.








She gave me three seedling roses from one of the most serene rose bushes I have seen. That's what gardening friends do. They share their favorite plants. I rushed them home and planted them in several spots around the new BBQ pit. In a few years they will be big and beautiful like hers. They will remind me of her.


"Yes'm, old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of." Sarah Orne Jewett

2 comments:

micaela jean said...

I see that you enjoyed the strawberry tea you bought in Hawaii! Yummy!

Nancy said...

I love that last quote! very cool and true.... :o)