Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Herbaliscious














Last night was the annual Tomato Sauce Makin' for Ryan and us.  It was really nice to be able to do it once again outside at the BBQ Pit, as the temps were in the 90's again :-)



I had risen early yesterday morning to harvest herbs for the sauce, as the essential oils are at their peak at that time.  Lots of Basil.  Rosemary, Savory, Marjoram, Oregano and even a bit of Lemon Thyme.  I also harvested my Garlic the day before.  Gotta have lots of yummy Garlic in a sauce :o}  Also took some Onions from the garden, as well as Carrots to sweeten it up a bit.  And oh yes!  The wine!  Smells so goooooood............




It cooked down while we slept and into this morning.  It is a great batch this time!

5 comments:

-A. said...

Oh, that looks so good, I wish I could smell it! Or better yet, sample it!!

Jodi said...

Sounds very good! I have not tried all those herbs, just some. I find the Marsala cooking wine to be yummy in the sauce, what kind to you use? My tomatoes are just now turning ripe!

Beanball said...

Jodi- I just use the cheap Carlo Rossi wine......... next year I will try the Marsala at your recommendation :-) I don't know enough about wines to know what would be good or not.

Anonymous said...

Yum...actually seeing if I can comment yet :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can! Yea! Your tomato sauce looks superb! So do your sweet peas, the photography of the elecampagne...love seeing the productiveness of your little farm!