Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cardomom Braid

Cardomom Braid
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
2 3/4 - 3 cups flour
3/4 tsp ground cardomom
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbs yeast
Dump ingredients into your bread machine in the order your machine calls for. Let it go through the 'dough' cycle. Punch down, divide into thirds and form balls. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Roll each ball into 1/2" rope. Line up the ropes 1" apart on greased baking sheet. Braid loosely. Pinch ends and turn under. Cover and let rise until doubles. Brush with milk and sprinkle with Parl Socket sugar. Bake 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.



A quotation at the right moment is like bread to the famished.
~The Talmud

3 comments:

Beth said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! But what does cardomom taste like?

Beanball said...

Cardomom is a distinct flavor...... mild, warm and homey. Sort of like cinnamon, but different... make sense?

The Claussens said...

Oooo... when I see pictures like these, I wish I were at your house again!!!

The other day I said "Woot Woot" and Chase put his arm up like he was pulling on a horn. Then he started crying. I like to think it was because he misses Grandpa Darrell. :)