Saturday, December 27, 2008

Comfortably Stranded!

Although we all made it home for a few hours on Christmas day (by hiking in and back out of our neighborhood), I have not been able to return home since our horrendous ordeal of getting back out on Christmas afternoon. Hubby is stranded at home; I down in Monroe. Each day I hope to be able to return, but it hasn't been possible, thanks to all of the snow, ice and falling trees. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. Meantime, my son Scott and his wonderful wife Bethany, have been gracious to let me hang at their house when I am not at work. Their house is warm. I love being warm. I need nothing more. Well, maybe an occasional shower. They also have a 42 inch TV and cable! That is an added bonus! I have been glued to wonderful shows like..... Animal Planet. Cooking Shows. Home Makeovers. Addicting stuff! Today I tried to see just how many channels one could access on cable. I gave up after I got into the 800's! Can you believe that? At home we receive a handful of channels, and unless someone wraps a hand around the rabbit ears, they are hardly worth watching. Probably a good thing, if today's laying in front of the TV with complete inertia is an indicator of what my life would turn into with cable!



My grandchild-cat lives here, too. What a spoiled cat-child! But I love Gideon anyway..... after all, blood is thick. He only likes me if his mom and dad are gone, such as now. He is curled at my feet, reaching out with one paw to touch me. Otherwise, he wants nothing to do with his granny. He truly is an unusually bright cat. I know all grandmas say that. But this is true! Look at this picture I snapped of him today. He literally stepped right over the bacon on the counter and started gobbling down the lettuce! I've never seen anything like it. Nutrition is top on his list of priorities! He loves his vegetables of all kinds! He certainly doesn't follow in his father's footsteps!

Next time I blog I hope to be at home. In the meantime, thank you Scott and Bethany for everything!

5 comments:

The Claussens said...

Haha, I hope you can get home soon! Until then enjoy the cable and cat-child. Oooo... and some wii!

Beth said...

For the record, we don't get all of those 800 channels you can see...just the basic package;)

It's fun to have you here!

Anonymous said...

I figured you might be stranded if you had to work. We have almost been stranded if it wasn't for the boys 4 wheel drives that got us in and out! Otherwise we wouldn't have been together for Christmas! Glad you have a spot to land downtown these days!

Ryan said...

Bacon...lettuce....sounds like you were on your way to some BLTs!

Beanball said...

you got it!!!