Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Girl!

I was able to celebrate Bethany's 24th birthday with her in Guatemala, the first time since she was 17 years old!

Two other Peace Corps Volunteers live in her town, Carolyn and Derc.  Carolyn made a fabulous lasagna dinner for us all, and we ate, drank and played several games that evening!

She had 2 cakes, one at our dinner, and then when we returned to her room, Fátima's family had cake and hot cocoa for us!  Such a nice birthday :o}

This finally ends my blogging on Guatemala, and gives me a record of my trip. Thanks to anyone who might have suffered through all of this with me :o}

  I had a wonderful visit with Bethany.  Thanks so much for your hospitality!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I loved seeing a record of your trip! And I was always surprised to see another post's worth of pictures! You sure got some great ones!

So glad you were there with Bethany on her birthday!

tammh said...

A beautiful journal of your trip. Loved seeing and reading about all the amazing experiences you had there! AND your daughter is beautiful with a glowing smile that lights up the screen.