Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weekend Get-a-Way

We took a four day weekend for an excursion down to Eagle Creek, OR to visit my dad and my sister and her husband. 







I totally enjoyed their new deck and patio area, full of petunias and other flowers! 
















Such a relaxing atmosphere!



This rose was called something like "Lemons and Oranges" !



First time the vegetable garden needed watering this year!

Here Jodi, Ginny and I soak in their new hot tub :-)
Jodi and her boys came for a visit.



We also went over the Gabe and Kari's house to visit a bit with them and the kids before they head back out to Bolivia (didn't have my camera along, though), as well as stop in at a RV show and a free hotdog lunch Saturday.





Strawberry Chocolate Sunday for supper Sunday evening :o}



















We took a leisurely stroll down to the river Sunday evening to help burn some of those decadent calories!


Sunday after church and a delicious lunch at Stone Cliff Restaurant, overlooking the Clackamas River, we stopped at the Clackamas County Lavender Festival near their home.  I did not have my camera with me, so took a picture of a photo of what we saw there.  That is Mt. Hood in the background.  The scenery was stunning!

A big thank-you to Steve, Ginny and Dad for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend, and especially for making sure that the sun shone while we were there ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our relaxing week-end! So nice to get such good use of our new tub :-) We just got back from the beach with the boys...a FEW pics will come...as the camera fell in the sand. Thanks for coming down!!!

Lela said...

Lucky, I still haven't been in the hottub..it sure looks wonderful though!! Love your new background and header!

Beth said...

I love the new blog setup! Very cute! Great pictures of your trip, and you're right--Zeke is huge compared to mine!!!

Squirrelly said...

Hi Shirley! I am the other Shirley, mother of the other Bethany who just left for Guatemala. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share your email address with me. I have questions to put to another Peace Corps volunteer parent about all kinds of things. If you would be willing, you could email me at shirley@clarkforkschool.org. I'd sure appreciate it!