Friday, April 23, 2010

Around the Yard

Tillie enjoys a moment of sun.  So content!
                                                               

The incubated ducks are no longer very small!












Bigger yet are the oldest ducklings, hatched by Mama Mallard about a month ago.  The black one in the front is the one I helped out of his hard shell after the rest fled the nest.





Yellow Tulips greeting the daylight.......


Hosta shooting forth from the cold ground.














Grape Hyacinth, one of the first to grace the gardens in the spring.










One of my favorites every year, this bright bold, red tulip with a beautiful center.





How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!
 ~Emily Dickinson, letter to Mrs. J.S. Cooper, 1880




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I envy Tillie! But I guess you will be doing that very thing this next week in Mexico! Enjoy! Glad quite a few of your ducks made it...and more to come!