Monday, December 7, 2009

Ice Skating

The pond is starting to freeze over at nights now, with temps in the upper teens and 20's. Today it was thick enough that the ducks were not able to break through it simply by means of their weight walking across it. They didn't quite know what to make of that! They were slipping and sliding along, shouting noisily.

I finally broke through the ice at one end for them, creating a small opening. They quickly slurped up the freezing water and took turns dunking their entire bodies. Brrrrr!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!...I see a new header in the making!!! Poor little duckies, I hope that doesn't make them easy catches for the consumers :-)
PS thanks for the cute LITTLE Christmas cards...I'll comment anytime :-)

Nancy said...

Love the top hat! ha ha Ho Ho Ho!

Miss M said...

I laughed so hard when I saw those hats! I was wondering how on earth you got doll hats on your ducks...I'm not blonde. really.
:)