Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Foods

It was great to have all my kids here for a Cheese Tortellini Soup Dinner Monday evening to open a few gifts before Scott and Bethany Lynn took off for Moses Lake to celebrate Christmas with her wonderful family.

The week before Christmas, we all gathered here to bake the annual Christmas Cutout Cookies, too. Christmas Eve brought the traditional White Bean Chili Dinner (no photo) after a Christmas Eve service at our church.

But the best was to come for breakfast Christmas Morn! A new Ebelskiver Pan was added to our household this year, and Bethany Jean and I put it to grand use, though I think we underestimated the amount of labor and time that was to be involved! We selected 4 different types to make.....

.....Raspberry-Almond, Lemon Curd, Molten Chocolate and finally, Walnut, Pear &Blue Cheese Ebelskivers! They were well worth the effort! Not only were we starving by time the delicacies were served, but they were extraordinarily delicious!


3 comments:

Molly said...

Those Abelskeivers look delicious! Mom and dad made some for us a few days ago with blueberries in them...Mmmmm! Molten chocolate...Yum!!

Nancy said...

Ebelskivers? I had to google that....a Danish filled pancake? Never heard of of them. They sound yummy. :O)

Jodi said...

They look great, but I have never heard of them either...not too surprising though. :)