I know. I am a bit late with this. Five days late, to be exact. Ah well, hope you had a Happy Halloween, even if some of you do think it quite pagan to celebrate. This picture was snapped in 1956 of myself and my siblings all dressed up and ready to head out for some trick-or-treating! That pirate costume my brother is sporting is pretty dang neat-o! I am Little Red Riding Hood, and my sister appears to be some kind of princess. We used to head down Linda Avenue to knock on doors. There wasn't many houses, maybe 10 or so, but we almost always came away with a full-size candy bar! A couple of the houses actually invited us in for a Carmel apple, or some hot chocolate or some other home-baked goody. Then there was a delapitated house or two whose yards were always unkempt and who never had their porch lights on to welcome the treasure seekers. They were spooky. I have good memories of those early years of trick-or-treating. As we grew older, we dressed up mainly as hobos, with wigs my mother made out of yarn, old flannel shirts, jeans with patches on the knees, plastic black hats, corn cob pipes, black soot smeared on our faces and of course, the proverbial stick with a bandana tied on the end.What is your favorite costume memory?
1 comment:
a little late, but my fav. cos. memory is ...me dressed up as Stevie Erkel...pants well over my belly button, colored suspenders,huge red glasses(they were mine)and all :-)
hey, could you e-mail me a pic of you 3 in your costumes? I would like Selah to see Mima in her princess outfit:)
Post a Comment