Thursday, November 19, 2009

Camouflage


I am presently completely fascinated with mushrooms and spiders that I am finding in the yard! We have such a variety in the woods...... amazing! This was a small, white spider with some red on its body that I came across while cutting down the summer growth in a wine barrel. As soon as Little Whitie realized she was in danger, she curled up into a little ball, and looked exactly like the white perolite (or whatever it is) that was surrounding her in the dirt.

All creatures great and small,
The Lord God made them all!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I need to get out there and clean up my garden.....but I don't wanna!! :O(

Cute little spider....I think those are the kind that can change colors to blend in. I've found them on my flowers many a time.

Shirley said...

How interesting, Nancy! I will have to notice next summer....