Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ratatouille!

Ratatouille
Since I saw the movie Ratatouille, I have been curious as to just what Ratatouille is. It never dawned on me that I could possibly make it for myself, until my cook friend mentioned she was going to make Ratatouille from several summer squashes I gave her from my garden. I thought, "Well, why couldn't I?" Now, I know that the recipe I used from the Internet is most likely nothing like the one she will make it from. In keeping with the way French cook, I suspect all of the vegetables in her recipe are sliced ultra-thin, and the dish is layered, making a much more attractive end product. My recipe simply had me chop everything (though I did slice the zucchini anyway). I think it looks pretty unsavory; however, it tasted really good! So want to know what Ratatouille is? Eggplant, zucchini, onion, lots and lots of garlic, tomatoes, peppers and herbs & spices. Pretty much a bunch of vegetables cooked together. I liked it :-)
A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat. ~Old New York Proverb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All the ingredients are correct. Try this Italian version: Do everything like you did except, add a handful of golden raisings and a tsp or two of pepperonccini(red pepper flakes).

Beanball said...

Thanks! I will do that :-)