Monday, August 17, 2009
35 Years
Thirty-five years ago a very young Darrell (22) and Shirley (21) married on a hot Saturday evening in Los Gatos, CA. ......... and they still are together........ whew!
Darrell brought home red and white roses, and we went out to a tasty Mexican dinner.
This gift has a prelude to it....... 2 weeks ago we went to the theater to see Julia and Julie, a movie that is a humorous biography of the renown French chef Julia Childs, as well as the young protegé who decides to cook her way through Julia Child's Cookbook and blog her experiences in so doing. We laughed heartily, and we drooled over the delicious creations Julie whipped up, ultimately leaving us with a keen hankering for a gourmet French meal. So for a anniversary gift, I have arranged for my friend (an expert French cook), to prepare a bonafide French dinner for us. You have already seen her cooking several times on my blog, and each time I think I have died and gone to heaven! I can hardly wait for this delectable treasure for the palate........ it is to happen September 4th. She isn't allowing for any asking for recipes, but hopefully she will allow me to photograph the sure-to-be-amazing experience so I can share it with you :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a delicious meal coming!!
Happy anniversary a bit late my friend... was there to witness the event, as you were for me, 2 weeks earlier... and here we are still today. quite a feat, eh?
Happy, Happy, Anniversary!
Post a Comment