FYI: I was having too much fun watching and taking pictures to buy any contraband.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Contraband!
On one of our last nights in Santa Cruz, Bolivia Gabe took us video shopping........ a very interesting experience. One minute you see a line of vendors in the street selling illegally copied videos for 10 bolivianos (a dollar).........
......the next second a swarm of police officers are shooing off the ones that didn't get away quickly enough, with a warning.........
.....as soon as the officers walk a ways off the vendors are back at it, having re-opened their quickly-closed wheeled carts where they keep the videos.
Here we see Gabe and Ginny sneakily paying a gal for the merchandise, before we had to rush off before the next police 'raid'.
A happy shopper :-) Does she look a little bit guilty to you?
FYI: I was having too much fun watching and taking pictures to buy any contraband.
FYI: I was having too much fun watching and taking pictures to buy any contraband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
P.S. Have you seen Wall-e yet? It's really cute.....(It's one of the movies that Aunt Ginny is holding).
no, but maybe I should ask her to bring it at TG?
Post a Comment