Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pumpkin Scones

My sugar pumpkins from last summer's garden (and I say that with a smirk since one can hardly call cool, wet weather a summer), finally ripened in a back bedroom this January!  At the same time that I cooked them up for a few of my favorite pies, my daughter in Guatemala happened to mention that she was making Pumpkin Scones for a neighbor, using the Starbucks recipe.  Totally forgotten by me, my daughter-in-law Nancy blogged these tempting treats a couple of years ago.


I meant to photograph the entire process of making them, but got caught up in the moment and only snapped this first picture of mixing the dry ingredients together.....


.....as well as the finished product.  Though pumpkin foods are generally autumn delicacies, I thoroughly enjoyed these as well as pies and pancakes during the cold winter month of January.  Try it!  You'll be glad you did :-)

http://www.food.com/recipe/starbucks-pumpkin-scones-214051

1 comment:

Beth said...

I have enjoyed those scones on several different occasions. Yum!