Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jungle Mushrooms, Fungi and More

Of course, I need to add a few snapshots of one of my newest hobbies!


I love these that look like parachutes dropping from the sky!


The entire trunk of this tree was covered with them....


The caps of this type are like inverted umbrellas........


.....with the top appearing like a fried egg!


These sort of remind me of large, floppy garden hats.


We saw locally made dolls with theses shelf fungi used as aprons on the dresses!  Colorful and clever!



Interesting seed pods on this bush.


I don't know if these are seed pods or just some creepy parasitical growth!
Everything was so interesting!




1 comment:

tammh said...

I'm in awe of your mushroom photos ... I loved them!!! Are these all poisonous? I like my mushrooms from the store.. That way I know I'll make it through the end of the meal.You share such interesting information and beautiful pictures... thank you.