Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine FOOD, What Else?

A friend of mine so aptly commented that my blogs were all about FOOD!!! Karen, here's another foodie one for ya'!

We had Italian Swiss Steak, Roasted Asparagus and Buttered Rosemary Potato Rolls for Valentine's Day Dinner, and it was scrumptious!

The absolute BEST rolls I have ever baked......... stole the recipe from Pioneer Woman, and let me tell you........ they were out of this world! Instead of using frozen dinner rolls as she did, I made my Potato Dinner Roll recipe for the dough. Darrell ate 2 of the seven rolls. They were ALL gone when dinner was over. You know what that means. It was only Darrell and I for dinner. So much for all the exercising I've done the last 2 weeks........ dang!

Again, from Pioneer Woman, came this recipe for Baked Fudge. Oh man........ I mean OH MAN!!! Very easy to make, yet so wonderfully, decadently chocolaty. I confined myself to only 1, though, to make up for all those rolls I ate. Hey, I know another story about somebody who ate a lot of rolls here once :o} It's okay, Sis......... no harm done!

My Valentine made me heart sugar cookies frosted with cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar and topped with candies........ whoo-eee! Talk about rich, but so gooood!!! Thanks!

I made him a crafted heart and filled it with Jelly Bellys..... who doesn't like those?!?!

Happy Valentine's Day to YOU!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we couldn't have eased your burden by sharing those rolls and brownies...those pioneer women could cook! It was easier not to eat the whole pan when the kids were with us...it's their fault!

Molly said...

Those rolls look SO GOOD! I'm gonna go look up that recipe! And that chocolate dessert! Your blog is dangerous sometimes!

Beanball said...

yup...death by rolls and chocolate! What better way to go? :o}

Jodi said...

Looks yummy! I would love to eat them, making them is a different story..I am way too tired. By the way, your music is relaxing!