Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Schmirfday

Daughter Bethany brought a fun, beautiful bowl home from Guatemala for my birthday, graced by happy flowers from mi espouso :-)

Hubby also bought me a collapsible salad spinner........... nice for storing!
Here are all 3 parts closed down, and then opened up.

A fun new purse/bag from my KSBB to go with my new love of bird watching, along with gardening gloves and apron. Also from Darrell, a collapsible awesome red colander with tea towels that totally describe what I am all about......... Have you noticed that kitchen products are finally being made in a form easier to store? Or at least they take up much less room? Gotta love it, even though it's mucho years too late for many of us.

My lovely tete-a-tete daffodils that I receive annually from one of the Garden Peeps. My yard pop out every spring with the birthday bulbs I plant from her! Also, from son and DIL Scott and Bethany, the all new Winnie-the-Pooh book out this last fall, authored not by A.A. Milne, but by David Benedictus, and illustrated by Mark Burgess! I think they did a great job creating this sequel to the Pooh books in the same flavor, though I still like the original ones best :-) The salt and pepper mills are from son Ryan, and are very slick! Just like the pros, now!

Thanks, All, for the wonderful birthday gifts (birthday was January 7). :-)


4 comments:

Molly said...

Oh those flowers look so happy! :) Happy late birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I do like all those collapsable items...got a cutting board with collapsable strainer...works nicely over the sink :-)

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Shirley!

Michelle @ One of a Kind Wisconsin said...

Happy birthday- love the flowers. I have a new appreciation for flowers since I had a beautiful arrangement for Christmas.