Somewhere deep in the bowels of Evergreen Hospital, lies my husband.

Yesterday he finally had his total knee revision (third knee, same side). He has been waiting since mid December when it broke loose.

Surgery went well, so the doctor tells us. 4 1/2 hours long. Both the femur and the tibial components were completely loose. No wonder he was in so much pain. He is supposed to come home today or tomorrow. His doctor marches to his own drumbeat....... nothing but oral pain
medications, no 4-5 day stay in hospital (typical for such surgeries). It may be harder to get through the first week this way, but in the long run, it may be better for him. We are just glad the surgery is over, and he can start in the healing process at last.
A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.
~Groucho Marx
5 comments:
I cringed when I read this post. YUCK, I hope he heals fast.
Poor Grampa,
from Owen
I hope you get better soon
We're praying for a speedy recovery!
He's not the kind of guy that likes to lay low to heal...but when its over and done with, it will have been worth it!
I am glad it is over ...and successful! We pray this one is a keeper :-) How are you set up for getting all the chores done around home?
Please send the big guy our best wishes, along with our prayers. I don't know...better living with modern chemistry is a slogan I kinda like! Here's hoping oral meds do the job!
Post a Comment